Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful

Since it is nearly Christmas already (this month is flying by), I thought that I better post about Thanksgiving.  It really was another great Thanksgiving this year.  For the first time in a long time I didn't go watch the husband at the annual Turkey Bowl (I told him my days doing that were over-- soon he'll have sons to go with him anyways).  And for the first time in an even longer time, James did not play in a football Turkey Bowl game, but rather a basketball Turkey Bowl-- it was too cold outside.  When James got home from the game we headed to my parents house.  Ben helped his Nana and Papa prep for their dinner, we took a few family pictures, and then left around two to Sausalito to Tom and Staci's house for dinner.
Holidays at the Reilly's house are always fun because of Tom's great family.  Plus all of James' siblings were home from college, so it was nice to all be together.  Dinner was yummy, although I should have eaten more- don't know why I didn't go back for seconds, : )  

                                 


After dinner little Dylan was extremely worn out so Staci asked the girls to give him a bath and get him ready for bed.  Of course Ben had to get in on the fun.  It was such a cute sight when I went upstairs and saw this.  Makes me really excited for Baby #2 and lots of fun times to come and seeing my two in a tub together!
I have so much to be grateful for this year: a baby growing away in my belly, a super funny and intelligent toddler, a driven husband who is a great provider for our family, a beautiful home that I am enjoying slowly decorating, and a growing extended family (a new brother-in-law and as of two days ago, my first niece!)

Christmas is coming way too quickly and I have lots to catch up on before then, so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment