Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vegas Baby

Last week James had a week long work conference in Las Vegas.  And since he was already going to be there and we found out that Lady Antebellum was performing in our favorite venue, The Joint at the Hard Rock, on the last day of the conference, I decided to fly in Friday morning.  Little did we know that that maybe wasn't the best idea.  Because little did we know how exhausting James' days would be with all day meetings and how busy his nights would be with company dinners, after parties, concerts, and bull riding (yes, bull riding- James made the finals and had a shot at $200 but was already in his pjs in his hotel room by the time he knew.)  What is so great for James about his job is how much he loves his "team."  These guys (and two ladies) are seriously best friends.  He had such a blast with them in Vegas; it helped that two of them are recovering alcoholics and two are mormon- makes it easier when you are not the only one not drinking.
I am also so, so, so proud to report that James was awarded to amazing honors that week.  The first he received by his manager in front of just the ADR team, and that was 2011 ADR of the Year.  The second he received (or didn't receive- he actually was late and didn't get to accept his award) in front of the entire HP quota carrying enterprise sales team, and that was 2011 Inside Sales MVP of the Year!  I couldn't be prouder of James.  He has only been with the company, in fact in the tech world in general, for just shy of fourteen months and the success he has already had amazes me.  Actually it doesn't really amaze me.  It confirms things that I always have known about James.  I know that he can go and do whatever he sets his mind to and it really confirms our decision to take on the tech world and I have nothing but excitement for what the future holds for him and our little family.
Now the reason I said that me flying in maybe wasn't the best idea is because by the time Friday rolled around and I was ready to have a good ol' time in Vegas, my lovely husband was completely exhausted and wanted nothing more to do with the strip.  He did manage to maintain his energy and we had a great time at the concert.  I'm proud to report that this 32 week preggo lady was able to stand for the entire 3 1/2  hour show and we managed to maintain a very comfortable distance from any rowdy intoxicated fellow concert goers.  Baby boy enjoyed the music very much as I often felt him dancing away in my tummy throughout the night.
The next day we both slept in till eleven (crazy) and then after being up for only a few hours, James slept again for another several hours while I enjoyed some shopping time with Nana.  We laid low that night and enjoyed a yummy Panda Express dinner with Nana and Mike and some good conversation and then flew home in the morning to pick up a very cute little boy from his Mimi and Papa's house.  A little boy who had a blast playing with his girls, Tehya and Alyssa, but has told me many times since Vegas how much he missed me when I was in Las (pronounced Yas) Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment