Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Day

After church we quickly headed home so James could change and then went to my Aunt Sue and Uncle Dave's in Pleasanton for a quick visit.  Unfortunately we didn't get to be there long, but I did manage to get a picture of Ben and his (I mean my) crazy, cute little cousins.
Then to Sausalito we went to spend the rest of the day at Tom and Auntie's place.  It's always a fun time there because Tom's family adds a lot more people and a lot more fun (plus two cute lithe guys- Connor and Rex- who keep Ben thoroughly entertained the whole night).  It was nice that this year all of our present exchanging was done beforehand between the two families, so no presents were opened on the day of, just good company and good food.  I totally grabbed up the last twice baked potato and didn't even feel bad about it.  So yummy. : )


Thanks to Alisa we now have a two-year running tradition of playing awesome Minute-to-Win It games.  Hilarious.  She added to the fun this year by only announcing the name of the game before we chose a person from each team to compete; not knowing what the game actually entailed beforehand.  I waited for a game to sound completely non-physical before volunteering myself to compete.  I can't remember the name of the game I played, but I knew it had to do with puzzles and I was right.  I had to reconstruct a cut up cereal box and totally kicked butt.
 Overall it was such a great Christmas.  Perfect combination between running around visiting family and relaxing at home with just my little family.  I don't feel like I did my absolute best this year to teach Ben the true meaning of Christmas- I had plans to have us volunteer at a food bank or something similar, and have him shop for and donate a toy to a child in need- but I know he knows why we celebrate the day.  And that is the birth of our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment