Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve

We had a busy and wonderful Christmas Eve.  We spent the early afternoon at the in-laws house.  It would be the first year in ten years that both James and myself (longer obviously for just James) would not be spending Christmas morning over there.  It was a big change that I'm sure we all thought about on Christmas morning, but I was excited at the thought of spending Christmas morning with just my little family.  So we spent the morning of Christmas Eve opening up the very generous presents from my in-laws to myself, James, and Ben, and also did the kid swap and gave our presents.  It was a fun time and Ben loved his new toys, books, and clothes, and one very cool Mater pillow pet from his Uncle Jay!
We continued our day at my sister and brother-in-laws house.  Where we were again blessed with more family and more generous gifts.  I think Ben enjoyed most of all holding his new baby cousin, Ashlynn.

After we left the new family we went back to my parents house for a yummy dinner and Ben found out that Santa came early and he got to open up a stocking for both him and his almost baby brother, and you guessed it, more presents!
Finally we ended our night at the beautiful Oakland Temple for a large dose of reality, reflecting on what Christmas is really all about, the birth of our Savior.
 
Once home a very excited little boy set out his overly decorated sugar cookies for Santa and made sure we poured him a glass of milk to wash it all down.  And of course mine and James' night didn't end until the stocking were stuffed and Santa's presents were under the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment