Friday, July 6, 2012

A Typical Day . . . Mostly

We started our day off with Kids Gym at the club we belong too (basically gymboree).  Ben gets to run around and get some of his energy out and have a great time.  Jackson and I enjoy watching and some alone time.
I usually pack a lunch for Ben to eat after his class and before mine.  It's funny how much more exciting lunch can be in a cool lunchbox.  And how much yummier a PB&J is when it's made to look like a slice of watermelon.
After my classes (spin and abs today), we headed to the library to return our overdue movies and books.  I have been so good lately, but those darn one week rentals on movies sometimes screw me up. The free library isn't always all that free.  Ben loves to play on the computers there and they have a lot of great educational programs- I wish I had all of them on our computer at home.  At the library we saw that they were having an outdoor movie on the lawn tonight (our second one of summer), so we headed home for naps.  Even I took a nap.  Heaven.
Jackson started his nap at the library. 
After we had a spaghetti dinner we woke up sleepy Jackson (at 6 pm) to give him a little taste of dinner.  I decided to start with sweet potatoes.  He made some crazy funny faces but I think swallowed a few bites.  I'm going to continue with just sweet potatoes this week and pray that he doesn't experience any digestive problems like with the carrots.  Ben was right there of course to help with feeding time.
At a little after 8 tonight we headed to the library again for the movie.  It's amazing how light it stays so late now.  They didn't even start the movie until 9 because it was so bright out still.
Daddy was there too.  Just no pictures of him this time. 
Ben was not being a good listener during the movie and kept being goofy the whole time and bugging Jackson so we finally left early.  I had a good long (he asked me in the middle of it how many more words I was going to say?) talk with Ben about knowing right from wrong and trying harder to be the best boy he can be so we can be a strong, happy family.  Hopefully this approach will work better than my losing it and putting him on what feels like pointless timeouts lately.  Seriously having a disobedient problem with him lately.  

Overall it was a good, typical day for us.  Glad to be getting back into our routine, especially with the gym.  Jackson's little tummy bug got me out of my good routine.  We have never been rigid parents with a rigid schedule.  If we want to do a fun late night event I just adjust nap time.  But a routine is absolutely necessary and it always feels good at the end of the day to have had a full, worthwhile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment