Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Monstrous Good Time

A couple months before Ben's birthday I suggested to him that we skip a big party this year and take his two best buddies on a special outing instead.  I am all about throwing a party but we moved in with my in laws for a little while in a new town and I wasn't sure how many buddies he would have in the new place by his birthday (he's got a few great ones already).  He was sold on the idea.  I was hoping a circus or Disney on Ice would be in town around the big day but no such luck.  Not until we realized that Monster's University would be coming out the weekend before his birthday.  So a movie and pizza party it was.
The night started off with Ben's first surprise in the car.  It may not look like much but this kid has been waiting for a booster seat for a long time!  He was so excited when he saw it, even did a little dance (wish I got that on video).  A few minutes into the ride it dawned on me what the strange text from Fandango may have meant.  See I purchased tickets from Fandango the day before because I was not taking any chances of it being sold out, even on a Monday at 4:30.  Earlier in the day Fandango texted me "hope you enjoyed your movie."  Finally I thought to myself hours later while in the car, enjoyed, why did they say enjoyed?  I quickly pulled up my tickets on my phone and realized I purchased tickets for Sunday at 4:30.  I quickly called the theater and they said they would swap them out for me.  Phew.  Only problem was I had to get one of the party goers mom's to do it for me since we had a long drive ahead of us.  Shannon came to the rescue and we got our tickets.  It actually wasn't close to being sold out in the end.  But could you have imagined?  Sad kids.
He looks so old.  
Ben and his pals, Beau and Grady are the cutest of friends.  They have been friends for two years now, which for them is forever!  They don't see each other very often since the move so they were extremely excited! But were very good through the movie.  We only had to hush them a couple times.  I found little green bins and Monsters University water bottles and cups (for popcorn) to hold all their movie time goodness.  Beau's mom doesn't allow too many sweets in her house so he did not hold back on the candy and especially not the popcorn, I think I refilled his cup four time.  Yikes!  Sorry Shannon.
See their "student" ID cards.  Meet Ben Gooie, Grady Eversnoot, & Beau Beetlebrain. 
After the super cute movie we headed over to the pizza parlor for pizza, cupcakes, and presents.  It was a very fun and simple celebration.  Literally no stress, other than my mis purchasing issue through Fandango.  And I think Ben had the most fun of any party yet.  Shannon texted me after we dropped Beau off that she's pretty sure that was the best night of his life.  May have had something to do with the candy, popcorn, and cupcakes but I think it also had a lot to do with their amazing friendship.  I hope Ben always has such amazing friends!
Mike and Sully cupcakes via Pinterest- of course! 
Home made sweetness from Beau.  
Silly, silly boys. 
  Can't believe my boy is five!  More on that next time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that 5 years have gone by since we all stood at the window in the hospital and watched James Bentley Greene make his entrance. My first great-grandson, born to my first Grandson, James. I can't describe the feeling I had watching James holding his son. Of course it immediately brought back memories of the first time I saw James.

    I continue to be very impressed and proud of James and Julie and their raising of there two sons, Bentley and Jackson. I am very appreciative of all the work Julie has put into documenting her family. Since we don't live close, it helps us be a part of their lives through the Blog and pictures. Thank you so much Julie and James for giving us great-grandsons. Love you all so much, Nana Lin and Papa Mike

    ReplyDelete