Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bouncing off the walls


I was expecting that I'd probably pay for the late long nap that Jackson had today. But church always throws off the normal nap routine and I couldn't wake him since he had a late night last night at the movies with his GG and brother. So a three hour nap till 3:30 happened today.

We had company over tonight so I let the boys just watch a show in my room while us adults chatted instead of putting them to sleep yet. This was at 8:30. Soon afterwards they came downstairs and began to chase each other around the house, laughing hysterically and having a great time. This was after Ben told me that I'm going to need to wash my sheets. Why?  Because Jackson spilled water all over it and there are lots of crumbs. Great. Then we all headed upstairs for bed and for me to survey the sheet damage. Wiped off the crumbs and put a towel down over the huge water spot. Luckily it was in the middle of the bed. Nothing we can't sleep with tonight. Also on our wet crumby sheets was the reason for the boys sudden burst of energy. The little stinkers had snuck up a package of Trader Joe's power berries and ate the whole bag.  Luckily James got Ben to go to bed with no fuss because he promised him a snuggle sesh and like his daddy he's a sucker for snuggles. I entered the boys room to put Jackson to sleep. This was at 9:30. I crawled into his toddler bed to commence our bedtime routine while Jackson stood on his bed, leaning against the wall, and in his own baby way seemed to be counting to three, which involved yelling out "e" every time. After the countdown he would plummet head first into his bed attempting to do some kind of a flip. He continued to do this for several minutes. Then he moved on to kicking the wall with his foot hard and loud. I thought for sure his daddy was going to come in and grumpily remind me that he has to be up at 4:30 (he works east coast hours). Luckily that didn't happen. I then had to pull out my secret weapon. My phone. My kid is so vain and loves nothing more than watching pictures and video of himself. A first tonight for him was pointing to himself and saying "me" when I showed him a new picture I took earlier today. We watched a slideshow and I thought he was calming down until he out of no where slapped me and then started to growl at me. Darn power berries. But alas it happened. Finally in the very dark of his room i felt his arm slip around my neck. I know that once he does this and if he holds still for about ten seconds that he's falling or in tonight's case crashing to sleep. Now it's 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment