Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Park Day


Yesterday when driving Ben to preschool in the morning he asked if we could go to the park later?  Being that it was already nearly 70 degrees at 9:30 in the morning, I agreed that a park day would be a wonderful idea.  I packed up a picnic lunch and we headed straight there after school.  It was so warm outside that it honestly felt like summer almost.  And the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom.  I enjoyed getting some good shots with my new camera (Happy Birthday to me-- I got a Cannon Rebel and love it)!


After a while Ben wanted to play in the sandbox and a nice lady overheard him and offered him some of their sand toys to play with.  He spent the last half hour or so that we were there playing in the sand with a group of kids and chatting away to the lady, who was one of the children's grandmothers.  I just sat there listening to him and thinking about how much preschool has changed him.  He is so social now and I'm just so proud.  It also cracks me up how much he gravitates towards adults.  He was mostly conversing with the grandma, over the children.  So funny.  And I was so proud of him when he said goodbye to her and thanked her for letting him use the toys.
We ended our day at the always classic Foster Freeze for ice cream cones.  Loving this warm March weather and hope it lasts.  Yesterday has me really itching for hot days.  Swimming is sounding nice. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment