Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ten and Eleven Months

Well I did it again.  I got way behind in Jacky's monthly posts.  Now we are ten days out from his first birthday, which don't get me started on how crazy that is, so I better post about his tenth and eleventh month of life.  I had to just reread my last post to see where he was with things then and not much has changed, but at the same time he has changed a lot.  He's still crawling around everywhere, but no longer drops down to the army crawl.  He has become very fast and can disappear from my sight very quickly.  Don't worry we keep the bathroom doors closed.  Learned that lesson after he unrolled three rolls of toilet paper, and caught him dipping his hands in the toilet once.  He is so close to walking but is pretty nervous about it.  He can stand for a good ten seconds or so and doesn't just fall down, but rather he gets nervous and sits down.  When we try to see if he will walk from James to me or vice versa he just gets so excited that his upper body takes off before his legs do.  I'm just fine with my crawler for now.  I know that with walking comes running and this kid is already fast enough.
Jackson now has eight teeth and they have all come in without any pain (except for the first two).  He puts those teeth to very good use and almost exclusively table feeds now.  He eats whatever we are eating and chews up meat like a pro with his all front teeth.  He is such an awesome eater.  He is not picky what so ever and he loves to eat.  While he still does snack some, he sits for four solid meals a day- breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert (yogurt).  The only thing he refuses right now is chopped fruit.  Although he will eat pureed fruits, but if I give him a small piece of strawberry, grape, banana, apple, etc. he reacts as though I just tried to feed him brussel sprouts or something.  He makes the craziest face and spits it right out.  He's really not much into sweets.  I guess he has developed a taste for the savory and bitter foods.  I'm not complaining though because he still gets lots of fruits right now with his purees and fruit yogurt combos, so I'll work on it.  Because he eats so much he has been growing like a weed.  I'm not sure what his measurements are now but he measured in the 97% for height and high 50% for weight back at his nine month check up.  He is wearing mostly 18-24 month clothing already and his feet are getting crazy chunky.  I have a lot of shoes that while they are still way to big length wise, I can barely stuff his fat feet into them.  I just hope I don't have to start buying st Stride Ride for this kid because he has a lot of cute hand me downs from Ben and his cousin Dylan. His vocabulary currently consists of baa baa, mom mom, and da da.  He says ba ba the most and calls out mom mom when he's whiny.  And his latest tricks consist of growling when you ask him what a monster says, and when you ask him to do his trick he brings his fingers to his mouth to babble.  He also shakes his head yes when you ask him if he's cute.  Smart kid.
I have to brag once again that I hit the jack pot in the sleeping department.  Jackson sleeps a whopping thirteen hours a night from 7 pm to 8 am just about on the dot.  And he still takes a 2-3 hour nap.  He just loves him some sleep.  He is always so happy and willing to lay down in his crib for naps or for the night.  I think his crib is his happy place.  And he is still such a dang happy baby.  I think its all the sleep.  The only time he ever whines or acts cranky whatsoever is if he's hungry or sleepy.  Period.  Although he does get annoyed or irritated every now and again.  And its always with his big brother.  Now he takes a lot from Ben.  He loves to wrestle around with him and can be quite tough himself, but sometimes that big brother can get to him.  He can get to all of us Jackson.  But boy or those two cute with each other.  Ben is always making Jackson laugh and still almost always wants Jackson around.  They already play fairly well together and can just play in Ben's room for a while together.  Jackson's play mainly involves pulling or dumping things out of drawers, buckets, etc.  All I do if he's grown bored playing with whatever toys I have out for him is put them back into the basket I brought them out in, and then he finds interest again taking them back out.  If he's not being tickled by his big brother or rummaging through drawers, Jackson is off crawling somewhere in the house.  He is very independent and just goes off by himself exploring (i.e. getting into trouble).  He still can care the least bit about my scolding him and doesn't respond well to the word no.  He is a super tough kid like I already said.  I cannot tell you how many times I have caught that kid smashing his fingers in the garbage can lid or his toy truck and he is barely moaning in complaint.  He's not my cuddle bug by any means.  He'd rather be down playing then just sitting in my arms.  So I cherish the times when he's either sleepy or asleep and will lay in my arms.  He LOVES to take my glasses off my face.  And finally, finally yesterday he started giving kisses.  Big open mouthed ones accompanied by a loud "muah!" sound.  Love them.  Love him.  I simply cannot believe that my baby is going to be one.  I honestly can't believe how fast this year has gone.  I don't want the day to come.  But I'm excited to throw my winter baby his very own Winter ONEderland! birthday party on the Saturday after his birthday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment