Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I have a Kindergartner

Today was the big day.  Ben started Kindergarten.  I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head and I am a mess of emotions (may have to do with the fact that I also have a 12-day-old baby).  But for now I'm just going to say that he loved it.  He thought that it was a little long.  He was worn out and told me he was going to take a nap with me (he didn't).  He didn't make any friends but played with a lot of kids.  His teacher is "too nice."  Guess he's just used to his cranky pregnant/postpartum mom.  And he is in the green group, which will be easy for him to remember considering our last name and all.  One more thing I don't want to forget about today.  When we got back into the car I heard Jackson turn to his brother's empty spot in the car and quietly say, "I'm gonna miss you bruda (brother)."  Almost lost it right then and there.  Somehow I held it together all day though.  So excited and nervous to be on this new adventure with Ben.       

No comments:

Post a Comment