Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Eggs- Both Real and Pretend

We had a lot of fun prepping for Easter this year. Ben was fully aware of the approaching holiday and was very curious about the Easter Bunny coming to his house. We also have been "playing Easter" for over a month now- aka hiding eggs around the house and hunting them out. So while playing playdough, I asked Ben what I should make and of course he asked for Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny. So I delivered.
Then for Family Night last Monday we decorated real eggs. As the eggs were cooling in the sink in a pot I saw Ben playing in the water a bit and didn't think much of it. Luckily James took a closer look at what he was doing and realized that he was crushing the eggs. We only lost about five of the eighteen, so it wasn't a total disaster. I knew I wanted to find a no mess egg dye kit and happened across a super easy kit. We simply placed the eggs in the included plastic baggies, dropped a couple dots of dye onto the eggs, and then swirled the eggs around in our hands until completely covered. Then we covered those babies in glitter and we were done. Ben even enjoyed eating the eggs afterward, although not as much as me. I had forgotten how much I loved hard boiled eggs and enjoyed a couple myself that very day (the ones that Ben had crushed in his apparently very strong hands).
More Easter pics to come from my first ever holiday hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment