Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Family of Four

No this is not an announcement, but we are working on that . . . No, this Monday and Tuesday I got to sit for my friend's cute as a button 5-month-old baby girl, Adelyn. She is such a doll I tell you. On Monday Ben was napping in my bed, and then James came home and joined him, and then Addy fell asleep in my arms in the living room so we made our way into the room to join them. I sorta dozed off with her in my arms and when I awoke I looked over and couldn't help but feel like I was glancing into my future as a family of four. And I liked what I saw. Except hopefully all four of us in my bed will be a rare moment and not an everyday occurrence. Yikes!
I also got to see my little boy as he may be as a big brother. He really does love babies, and while I don't know how he will be with a baby in our home everyday, I think it is a rare and special thing how much love he has for babies. He was extremely helpful and was actually listening to my every request, so long as it related to helping with the baby. He kept giving her back her paci when she would spit it out, every time saying "here you go girl." And while eating his lunch, she began to fuss a little bit in my arm and Ben said "Oh, she needs me mom." And then looking right at Addy asked in a softer tone, "you need me girl?" I be right there. I almost done." I'm not delusional enough to believe that things are going to be perfect when baby #2 does come, but spending time with Addy made me really excited to see my baby become a big brother one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment