Sunday, October 20, 2013

Goblin Jamboree

We went with my grandmother-in-law and cousin Dylan to the Goblin Jamboree at the Discovery Museum in Sausalito this weekend.  I whipped up some simple and inexpensive costumes for the boys to wear made from Dollar Store armor, tin foil, red tights, and sponges oh my! since their real costumes aren't ready yet. They only lasted about halfway through because a) it was difficult to play in a tail and armor, and b) it was blazing hot for San Francisco and I designed their costumes around sweatsuits (forgot San Francisco has their summer in the fall).
I made me a princess hat, which looks more like a dunce hat, to match the boys.  It only lasted for this photo.  
Yes that would be the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.  Gorgeous.  
 Nana was barely hanging on from her busy week with grandson Dylan and helping me chase after all three at the Jamboree.
There was so much to do including carnival games, bouncy houses, a petting zoo, pony rides (Jacky rode the teeniest, tiniest pony named Pinky and kept saying hi to him as he rode), and lots of fun things to explore and climb on the museum grounds.  We have about three other parties to attend before Halloween even arrives, including one that we are throwing, so these boys might just be Halloweened out by then, at least I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment