Thursday, October 17, 2013

On the Farm

Today we visited the farm with Ben's little pre-k class to pick our pumpkins.  It finally felt like Fall to me and got me in the spirit of things a little more, although this dang sunny California weather just wont let up.  It started off cool when we arrived but we were stripping off the layers before our time on the farm was done.  I am so ready for cozy cool weather.  I'm not sure if I went to Smith Family Farms growing up (although I'm sure I did), but I don't have any memory of it and boy was it fantastic.  So much fun stuff to do and so much charm.  
I love how my eyes are drawn directly to my boys.  Not only because Jackson is looking straight at the me behind the camera but also because their little blonde heads are all aglow from the gorgeous light flooding in the window.  
This very cute music show was entertaining but got a little long for Jackson who was dragging me out the barn doors to go and explore.  
We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch to find our favorites.  Here Ben is with his favorite buddy in his class.  
I love this one of Jackson.  My laid back boy.  
We found our favorite ones and now they sit on the porch until Daddy's birthday on the 29th when we will carve them as per tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment