Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Smooth-ease

So my perfect baby food eater has turned into a difficult table food eater. I know that he likes what I'm giving him (he ate it pureed), but he still spits it out. Sometimes he completely chews it, but then spits it out! It has been really frustrating. So to make sure that he is getting his fruits and veggies, I have started to make Ben smoothies, to ease my mine. And he's been loving them. Here are two of the recipes, I've tried:

1. Sunrise Smoothie
Ingredients:
* 1 cup orange juice
* 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
* 1 organic banana
* 1/4 cup organic frozen carrots
*1/4 cup organic frozen mangos






 




















2. Purple Berry Smoothie
Ingredients:
* 1 cup whole milk
* 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
* 1 organic banana
* 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower
  * 1/4 cup frozen organic berry medley 

































My goal is to give Ben as much organic food as we can afford right now, so I've started with fruit and veggies which I buy about 80% organic. Other organic products I buy include: yogurt, fruit spread, and juice. 

I am an extremely picky eater, so I am trying to start Ben off right, so that by the time he is aware of what his mommy is eating, I will be motivated to eat a lot better to be a good example to him. 

So yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment