Friday, September 21, 2012

Still Sick

This week has been a tough one.  As I said on Monday Jackson started to get sick and was taking it like a champ.  But that was on the first day.  Today is day five.  Cold is a little better.  Diaper rash is a tad better.  His tummy is still out of whack.  Today was the first solids he had in three days.  So it's been a rough week.  I really don't know if more so for him or me.  It's so hard seeing your child in pain.  We've spent most of the week at home- other than some necessary running around for big brother.  My usually very independent baby (he'd rather be on the floor playing than held), has become quite the snuggle bug this week.  I have loved laying on the couch with him watching movies with Ben.  Ben was always cuddled up to me as a baby.  It's how I put him to bed every night.  And its how we hung out most of the time.  So that has been a nice change this week.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, Jackson woke up a couple hours after going down to bed.  He was pretty uncomfortable and restless both times, so both times I brought him into bed with me and snuggled him while we watched the "baby channel"- Baby First.  Both nights we fell asleep together.  Loved it.
Tonight Ben and James went to Uncle Jeff's football game, and Jacky and I stayed home.  We went on a long walk all around our neighborhood.  I think it was the first walk ever just him and I.  So funny how things I used to do solo with Ben ALL the time, just don't happen much with Jacky.  It's always fun to get that one-on-one time together.  It took a while to get him to fall asleep tonight.  Usually I just lay him down with a bottle and he goes right out.  Well tonight I heard him crying and went in his nursery.  I sang to him.  It's his favorite.  Mine too.  He just stares at me when I start to sing.  Today I really had him cracking up on his changing table while I belted out so Michael Buble: "I promise you kid, I give more than I get.  I just haven't met you yet!"
James and Ben just got home about twenty minutes ago, and I just put Ben to bed.  While we were brushing his teeth I was recalling a cute thing that happened at school on Wednesday with him.  Ben, his friend Beau, and a cute girl from school, Andrea all happened to be wearing shirts with big guitars on them at school on Wednesday.  As we walked out of the school's yard towards our car we hear Andrea yell, "goodbye Rockstar Ben!"  To which he replied, "goodbye Rockstar Andrea!"  I told him that was just so cute and we were just talking about all of his wonderful friends.  I told him, you're Mr. Popular aren't' you.  He smoke his head no.  A second later he asked what's popular?  I told him it's when you have lots of friends and everyone wants to be your friend.  I guess that changed his mind and he said he was.  A moment later he added, "because you dress me so cute."  I cracked up and told him I had to put that on my blog.  He said okay but asked me not to put the Rockstar Andrea part- so sshhh, it's our little secret.  Love both my boys.  All of my boys.
Here he is with some of his friends at his BF Beau's b-day party today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment