Sunday, September 30, 2012

While I was away

Yesterday I spent the day with my big boy, Ben while daddy spent the day with baby Jacky.  Ben and I went to pick up a case for my new iPhone and then do a little fall/winter shopping for Ben at Gap- where he can now shop in both the baby/toddler section and the big kid section (XS is for size 4/5).  Then we headed to my sister's where we got to spend a fun afternoon with my niece Ashlynn.  She gave Ben lots of wide open-mouthed kisses when we left, and spared one for me. : )
James spent his day feeding and playing with his baby.  When I got the kids to bed last night I asked James what funny thing my baby did while I was away, and he told me the cutest story that still has me smiling from ear to ear.  Apparently shortly after Ben and I left James sees Jackson head down and around the hallway leading to Ben's room.  He then could hear him knocking on the closed door.  After a minute he went to get him and told him that mommy and Ben weren't here.  A minute later he headed out of the living room again and was attempting to climb up the two stairs which lead to the hallway down to the master bedroom.  He was still on the hunt for his mommy.  Or maybe his brother.  But I like to think he was looking for me.
It's always fun to spend some one-on-one time with each of my kids, but I sure loved coming home to my baby.  And this is how I found him.  Shirtless, on the couch, snuggled up to daddy, watching college football.  And this is the smile he gave me when he saw me!
 And here are all my boys reunited.  Love them.
Shortly after this picture Ben removed his shirt too.  James is always telling him that he's supposed to be the example for Jackson; but for some reason Ben is always trying to be like baby Jacky.  Silly boy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment