Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkins

We finally got around to carving pumpkins the night before Halloween.  I cut all the tops off of our family's four pumpkins and Ben was a great helper in cleaning all the guts and seeds out.  Ben requested a Frankenstein pumpkin for himself, and a ghost pumpkin for Jackson.  After I had done both of theirs I never got the energy back up again to do my own.  Oh well.  It took me a minute or two staring at James' lit pumpkin on the porch to figure out what it was.  It's the Lorax.  Then Ben requested that I roast the seeds, but after tasting a few the next day, he decided he's not much of a fan.  I still have a big jar of them.  Probably will throw them out soon.  Need to check online how long they keep for.
Fun times.  I actually really enjoy carving pumpkins.  I could do without the mess of course.  But I love, love, love the way pumpkins smell, and I enjoy creating something fun.  As long as they aren't extremely difficult pumpkins to carve.

No comments:

Post a Comment