Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Baby Turned One... Two months Ago!

I realized that in my recap of the last few months, I forgot to talk about my baby's real birthday (I did post about his party). My baby turned one on June 26th at 3:12 p.m. I couldn't forgot this momentous occasion in the all-important blog, so heres to you Bentley, Happy Birthday BooBoos. 

Ben's 1-Year Stats:
*Height: 30.5 in./62%
*Weight: 21.2 lb./19%
*Head Circumference: 18.3 in./71%
*Teeth: 4- 2 top and 2 bottom

What the one-year-old Ben could do:
*Stand for extended periods of time without holding on to anything
*Take about ten steps max.
*Say "mom" "momma" "dad", and "dada" (he says "dada" the most, although he chooses not to say much most of the time. When I ask him to say "dada" he just sits there smirking at me, like he's thinking, "I can do it, but I'm not going to!"
*Eat all table food! Goodbye baby food. And my son can eat (more on that later). 
*Drink from a cup, although I still give him water in a little bottle, to keep him better hydrated. 
*Clap his hands
*Give high fives
*Wave hello and bye bye
*Has no interest in his toys, prefers ANYTHING else. 
*Figured out how to unroll the toilet paper
*Can throw his ball into his little basketball hoop
*Laughs in your face when you tell him "no!"
*And the list goes on and on. But I'm sure since you're not his mom, you probably don't care to hear ANYMORE!

Ben after his one-year checkup. He had to get shots, poor baby. But was a trooper like always!


















To celebrate, we had a little party at our house, just the three of us. I decorated the house a little bit, and the upside down balloons were a hit with Ben. I made a yummy dinner (pulled pork sandwiches), and a good tasting, okay looking cake. Ben actually was better at tearing open the paper from his presents. An improvement since his party a few weeks earlier. Then we went to a drive in movie, but Ben fell asleep before we even got there. That's okay, don't tell him but the movie was really for James and I ;-)  




















































Happy Birthday big boy. Mommy and Daddy love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment