Monday, March 21, 2011

Just for Laughs

I wanted to record down a few funny things Ben has said this week. He is talking more and more, and more and more of what comes out of his mouth is just so hilarious.

James and I were discussing something and apparently I was getting a little worked up about it and started to raise my voice. Ben who was sitting next to me on the couch stood up and placed his little hand over my mouth, saying "calm down, mommy." (Lesson learned Ben, thank you).

Ben walked into the bathroom where I was cleaning up and asked me very seriously, "mommy, you like me?" Then after assuring him that I did, he paused for a moment and then asked, "you like daddy?" I told him that I did and he immediately ran out to the living room and confirmed with his daddy that I like him. I'm not sure which one of them was wondering this?!

As I was putting Ben down for his nap today he told me "mommy, close door" (pointing at the bathroom door, which had a load of clothes in the dryer; one article's zipper clanking away). I confirmed, "you want me to close the bathroom door?" "Yes, mommy. So annoying!"

Where does he get this stuff? Oh yah, from me. Time to choose my words and tone of voice very carefully from here on out. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment