Monday, March 14, 2011

Mommy & Me Week: Day ONE

I am without my little guy I sit for this week, so I thought that it would be the perfect time for a Mommy & Me week. Now that I have another child that spends most of our days with us, I really cherish mine and Ben's one-on-one time. I notice that he is such a better boy when I am showering him with attention. I mean, who wouldn't be. I also feel guilty sometimes now that he has to share my time and attention so it's also a way of repressing my guilt for this week. : )
Our first Mommy & Me day started with a trip to our local party store, Affordable Treasures. It's such a great store and had TONS of stuff for Ben's upcoming B-day bash. The theme I'm going with this week is classic fun and games. I wanted a bunch of classic novelty prizes for all the games I have planned for the kids, and scored big time at this store: think Monkeys in a Barrel, Candy Dots, Slinky, and Silly Putty!
After our shopping trip we headed to the main event, a haircut for Ben. Have I mentioned before that my son loves haircuts. We went to a new place (I don't really want to travel an hour to his old place anymore), Kinder Cuts in San Jose. Of all the cool car chairs to choose from, Ben perched himself on a little frog-like critter and was ready. He was such a good boy as usual and got a lollipop to boot.
Then to Joann's we went in search of fabric for Easter (I'm hosting the family Easter this year-- so excited), and Ben's b-day party (which is in June, but I'm giving myself an early start). After some great finds we headed to the cutting counter where Ben announced proudly that the fabric was for his "Birday Party!"
Finally a very hungry Mommy & Ben split a cheeseburger and fries at In -N-Out.
Such a great day with my little guy. On the agenda for the rest of the week is:
  • Tuesday- painting a ceramic mug for Ben's Nana for her birthday at Petroglyph
  • Wednesday- matinee movie (I owe him)
  • Thursday- Story Time at the library
  • Friday- Children's Discovery Museum with Mimi & Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment