Monday, March 21, 2011

Mommy & Me Week: Day FOUR

Every Thursday morning at 10:30 am for the last couple months we walk to our local library for Story Time. This particular Thursday Ben was not in the mood for it and told me he did not want to go. Instead we stayed in bed watching cartoons till past ten. I wasn't going to force him after all. To be honest I have before though. It's hard to balance planning activities for your children that are good for them and therefore, you want them to do. And knowing when your child is just worn out and wont have it. I don't want to be one of those parents that over schedule their child, but I also want to provide my child every opportunity to learn, socialize, and develop physically. I guess I have a while to get the balance right, and am not going to start stressing about it now. So instead we spent our day building block houses and trains and setting up domino courses for Ben to knock down. I need to remember that Ben enjoys just spending time with his mommy at home playing toys just as much, if not more than going to the movies, or even the park.
I also have to brag about a trip to Safeway. Before heading to the store I went to Safeway's website and loaded my Club Card with all the deals and coupons I could find for things that I normally purchase anyway. Then I emailed the list to myself so I could pull it up on my iPhone will shopping. After sufficiently filling up my cart, the total rang up before Club Card at $150. And after Club Card . . . $100. I thought that was a pretty successful trip, and will be doing this for every grocery trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment